Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time

The dog found drugs in the same park on two different walks and needed medical help A pet dog was rushed to the vets when she ate cannabis leaves dumped at a beauty spot - months after the "laid back" pooch swallowed cannabis on the same walk. Vets told the owner of Bedlington Terrier Holly she must have eaten the illegal drugs on her daily walkies. The one-year-old mutt fell ill hours after wolfing down cannabis leaves which had been dumped under a bush.   She threw up and worried owner David Williams recognised the half-digested leaves and rushed her to a local vet who gave her anti-drug injection. Incredibly, it was just four months after Holly needed tablets to flush out her system after she ate a half-smoked cannabis joint. David, 58, from Cannock, Staffs., said: "I'd taken her for her usual walk and let her off and she'd gone sniffing behind a bush.   "I called her back and when we got in the car she didn't look right and she smelled strange. "I recognised it as cannabis because we've had a lot of anti-social behaviour around here so I know what cannabis smells like. "When she brought up the leaves it confirmed my suspicious and I took her to the vet again. "I just couldn't believe it had happened so soon after she swallowed the cannabis joint. “My friends and family joke that Holly’s got a drug problem. “I have to say, she is a very laid back dog anyway but this time she was off her legs. "We actually think she'd make a very good sniffer dog. “Four months ago she got ill after swallowing a discarded cannabis joint. We took her to the vets and they gave her tablets. “This time she’d obviously eaten too much of the drug and she needed an injection and we were told to check her regularly overnight." Holly’s latest brush with pot happened while David took her on a walk around Calf Heath Reservoir near Cannock last Friday. David, who has one grown-up son and lives with wife Jonanne, 47, reported it to police and is now warning other dog owners about the dangers of discarded drugs. He added: “Dog walkers need to be extra cautious, I won’t be going down there again. Rate this article:  Select ratingGive Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time 1/5Give Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time 2/5Give Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time 3/5Give Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time 4/5Give Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time 5/5 Authored By: Wales OnlineArticle category: Recreational Marijuana NewsRegional Marijuana News: United Kingdom

Dog rushed to vets after swallowing cannabis in park for second time
dog at vet

The dog found drugs in the same park on two different walks and needed medical help

A pet dog was rushed to the vets when she ate cannabis leaves dumped at a beauty spot - months after the "laid back" pooch swallowed cannabis on the same walk.

Vets told the owner of Bedlington Terrier Holly she must have eaten the illegal drugs on her daily walkies.

The one-year-old mutt fell ill hours after wolfing down cannabis leaves which had been dumped under a bush.
 

She threw up and worried owner David Williams recognised the half-digested leaves and rushed her to a local vet who gave her anti-drug injection.

Incredibly, it was just four months after Holly needed tablets to flush out her system after she ate a half-smoked cannabis joint.

David, 58, from Cannock, Staffs., said: "I'd taken her for her usual walk and let her off and she'd gone sniffing behind a bush.
 
"I called her back and when we got in the car she didn't look right and she smelled strange.

"I recognised it as cannabis because we've had a lot of anti-social behaviour around here so I know what cannabis smells like.

"When she brought up the leaves it confirmed my suspicious and I took her to the vet again.

"I just couldn't believe it had happened so soon after she swallowed the cannabis joint.

“My friends and family joke that Holly’s got a drug problem.

“I have to say, she is a very laid back dog anyway but this time she was off her legs.

"We actually think she'd make a very good sniffer dog.

“Four months ago she got ill after swallowing a discarded cannabis joint. We took her to the vets and they gave her tablets.

“This time she’d obviously eaten too much of the drug and she needed an injection and we were told to check her regularly overnight."

Holly’s latest brush with pot happened while David took her on a walk around Calf Heath Reservoir near Cannock last Friday.

David, who has one grown-up son and lives with wife Jonanne, 47, reported it to police and is now warning other dog owners about the dangers of discarded drugs.

He added: “Dog walkers need to be extra cautious, I won’t be going down there again.
e-mail icon Facebook icon Twitter icon LinkedIn icon Reddit icon
Rate this article: 
Article category: 
Regional Marijuana News: